Finding easy, healthy and low-carbohydrate breakfast recipes (without all that bacon!) can be challenging. These avocado egg boats contain under 3 grams of net carbohydrates each and are deliciously filling and satisfying. These are a great way to mix up your breakfasts and enjoy any topping on them you like.
- 1 organic avocado, halved, pit removed
- 2 organic eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: 1 teaspoon fresh chopped scallions/herbs, chopped spinach/bell peppers/mushrooms/kale/tomatoes/etc.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Use a spoon to scoop each avocado half until large enough to accommodate 1 egg.
- Stabilize avocado upright with bunched tinfoil, if necessary, on a baking sheet/dish.
- Crack 1 egg into each avocado half, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and any toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the white is set and the yellow is slightly runny.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Adapted from Nutritious Life