With September here and many of us facing new routines and even more change, simple and delicious energy balls are a great way to fuel up when on the go.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder OR 3 tablespoons of any chocolate protein powder
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine your almonds, one cup of coconut and dates. Pulse until combined, regularly scraping down the sides. Add cocoa powder/chocolate protein powder and continue blending until a thick dough remains.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add some liquid (water or any type of milk), one tablespoon at a time, until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Transfer your dough into a mixing bowl. On a large plate, add the remaining half cup of coconut. Using your hands, form 12 small balls of dough, rolling each one in the coconut until completely covered.
- Place energy balls on a plate and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until firm. These should be stored in the fridge but can also be frozen.