Given how popular homemade bread has been lately, we thought we should share two of our favourite low-carb bread recipes:
Coconut Flour Bread (adapted from Nourishing Days)
This one-bowl recipe is low-carb, gluten free and tastes deliciously coconuty.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Mix ingredients until batter is smooth, pour into pre-buttered loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Make sure to let the bread cool completely before serving!
Za’atar Olive Keto Bread (adapted from Clean Eating Magazine)
This bread is perfect for those who want something more savory.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 and ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon za’atar spice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook garlic in oil for 4 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Reserve this oil. Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon za’atar and salt and stir well. Then, mix 3 tablespoons of warm water and vinegar in a mug. Whip eggs in a separate bowl.
- Mix the vinegar and water mixture with 2 tablespoons of reserved oil into the dry ingredients (prepared in the previous step). Add in eggs and then mozzarella and olives.
- Combine the parmesan and remaining 1 teaspoon za’atar in a separate bowl. Form the dough into balls using an ice cream scoop and roll this into the Parmesan mixture. Put the dough balls next to each other in the center of the loaf pan. Use remaining reserve oil to drizzle onto the dough and bake for 30 minutes until the bread is golden. Let cool for a few minutes and cut into slices.